db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Doc reviews
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:20:56 GMT
With the release fast approaching, and with testing
always validating code changes, it seems we might want
to instill similar quality checks in regards to the
documentation.  The docs have changed quite a bit over
the last several months, including the conversion to
DITA.

I propose that we hold a 5 day doc review.  If no one
objects, I'll open JIRA entries for each of the
manuals, and we can post feedback to the 6 issues.  I
can also post some general rules of thumb to follow
for posting comments to those JIRA entries.  Things
like  making sure to identify the file or section
affected, how to make concrete comments, etc. to make
it easier for the person creating the patch to make
the changes.

One thing I would suggest is that we limit feedback to
issues such as accuracy, completeness, and grammar,
punctuation, etc.  Big organizational issues like
combining sections, moving topics around within a book
etc. will probably be better suited for general
quality updates in a future release, since we are too
close to the 10.1 releas enow and it would be better
to just make sure we have a complete, accurate set of
manuals.

If no one has an objection to this proposal, I'd be
happy to create the JIRA issues, as well as volunteer
myself to try to incorporate the changes.