db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject JIRA cleanup in preparation for 10.1 release
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:04:43 GMT
Hi all,

If anyone could spare a few moments and would like to help me out
with the triage of bugs for the 10.1 release, I would greatly
appreciate it. Or, if you could at least take a look at any issue you
are currently tracking and make sure that all of the information and
fields like Affects, Fix in, and Priority are up-to-date and
accurate, that would be helpful also.

I would like to:

1 - Clearly mark all bugs nominated for this release.  I have already
marked the showstoppers nominated in the planning thread as Fix in
10.1.0.0, but I would also like to also mark showstoppers for this
release as 'blocker'. It might be useful for tracking purposes to
also mark the nice-to-have bugs as 'critical,' but I'm not sure if
changing the priority to critical (when it's not really a critical
bug) is the right thing to do. Any opinions? The list of new features/
showstoppers/nice-to-haves can be found in the last few messages of
the 'Planning for a 10.1 release' thread.

2 - Determine whether any remaining bugs whose Fix version is
10.1.0.0 and are unresolved should really be 10.1.0.0, not counting
the showstopper/nice-to-have bugs mentioned in #1. I have added a new
10.2.0.0 version so that bugs that will not make it into the 10.1
release can be moved to a future release. See the link below to see
what is currently marked as Fix in 10.1.0.0.

3 - If there are some bugs with patches submitted that are close to
completion, mark them as Fix in 10.1.0.0. If you have recently
submitted a patch, but it has not yet been committed, please make
sure that the corresponding JIRA entry is marked 10.1.0.0.

4 - Do a scan of bugs marked resolved or fixed since 10.0.2.1 and
make sure that their Fix version is properly set to 10.1.0.0 if the
fix is in the trunk. This will make generating release notes much
easier, but is very time consuming.

5 - Check any bugs marked as resolved but not closed and close them
if appropriate.

Here's a link to the roadmap:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY?
report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

So you can see what bugs are currently marked to be fixed in 10.1.0.0.

Thanks!

andrew