db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dibyendu Majumdar" <dibye...@mazumdar.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: ntework client xa [Dibyendu please read]
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:21:48 GMT
Hi Kathey,

My xa tests now run okay with the network client.
As mentioned in my previous email, I hit a new problem which I have not yet
been able to isolate in a reproducible test case. The problem is that after
successfully obtaining a number of connections, the client fails to obtain a
connection and gives following error. The same test works fine with a single
thread. If I increase the number of threads to more than 1, then it fails
with this error. The test runs okay with Embedded driver, and with Oracle,
so I am inclined to think that the problem is in the client and not in my
test.

org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException : Error opening socket to server
localhost on port 1527 with message : null
 at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetAgent.<init>(NetAgent.java:113)
 at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.newAgent_(NetConnection.java:920)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:293)
 at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.<init>(NetConnection.java:180)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(ClientDriver.java:122)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
 at org.simplejta.tests.jta.Utils.getConnection(TestBase.java:376)
 at org.simplejta.tests.jta.TestUnit1.initConnections(TestBase.java:267)
 at org.simplejta.tests.jta.TestUnit1.<init>(TestBase.java:248)
 at org.simplejta.tests.jta.TestBase.testCase1(TestBase.java:62)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:421)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.
java:305)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner
.java:186)

In a test where I used 2 threads, the error I got was:

org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: An error occurred during a
deferred connect reset and the connection has been terminated.  See chained
exceptions for details.
 at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetAgent.readDeferredResetConnection(NetAgent.ja
va:430)
 at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetAgent.beginReadChain(NetAgent.java:437)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Agent.flow(Agent.java:182)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.flowExecute(Statement.java:1536)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeUpdateX(Statement.java:415)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:406)
 at org.simplejta.tests.jta.Utils.executeInsert(TestBase.java:402)
 at org.simplejta.tests.jta.TestUnit1.execute(TestBase.java:343)
 at org.simplejta.tests.jta.TestRunner1.run(TestBase.java:121)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I will continue to try to create an isolated test case to reproduce the
problem, unfortunately, as yet I haven't been able to figure out what is
triggering this problem.

Regards

Dibyendu