Hello Sunitha,

I am arranging a Hyperthreating or Multiprocessor target to do some tests (the initial target was from one of our customers...). I also got a reaction from developerworks:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=370&thread=80481

Both your and their reaction is that Cloudscape/Derby should work on a multi-processor target. This could mean a problem with Hibernate instead of the Java database. At this moment I don’t have any specific details next to the fact that databases get/set statements where not working right when Hyperthreating was enabled on the target platform. The problem disappeared when I switched of Hyperthreating in the bios from the target platform.

Regards,

Roland Beuker

Sunitha Kambhampati (JIRA) wrote:
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-260?page=comments#action_64651 ]

Sunitha Kambhampati commented on DERBY-260:

I have run some simple tests on a 1cpu (linux machine) with hyperthreading enabled and once on a 2cpu (Intel Xeon) win2k machine with hyperthreading enabled and it worked fine.

Can you provide more details on what issues you noticed. That would really help to resolve this issue.

Derby is not stable on multiprocessor or Hyperthreating architectures.

         Key: DERBY-260
     Project: Derby
        Type: Bug
 Environment: P4 3GHz with Hyperthreating, 512 Mb, WIN2000
    Reporter: Roland Beuker

Hello,
I am using IBM Cloudscape Version 10.0 with Hibernate and it works great. But at the time I was deploying my project on a target with a Hyperthreating CPU things went wrong (database very unstable). It seems that Cloudscape is not functioning on multiprocessor or Hyperthreating architectures. Has anyone some more information?
Regards,
Roland Beuker