Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
correct. Actually, you don't have to build derbyTesting.jar - the
*.out files are all copied into the classes directory - but only when
you build (ant all).

So, the steps are:
- run the new test
- copy the .out to the master directory - (this is where it lives in
the subversion source tree)
- build (ant all) so the test files - including the .out files and any
other relevant supporting files go to the classes dir
Yes i noticed that the *.out was copied to classes as well.  I didnt think to change my CLASSPATH to run the tests from the classes directory.

Perhaps we should provide instructions for running the tests using the classes directory as well in the README
- If you want to run the test using the jars, use the ant buildjars
target & all required testing files are pulled from the classes dir
into the derbyTesting.jar.

I'll look at making this more obvious in the testing README some time soon.
Or someone else can, of course.