I believe that is the key and I discovered that myself the other day.  The master *.outs are included  in the derbyingTesting.jar

Mamta Satoor wrote:
Hi,

Did you do a build again after copying the .out file to the master directory?

Mamta

On 5/6/05, Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grovlen@sun.com> wrote:

"DVC" == David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM> writes:

   DVC> I'm stil learning  this harness, but I am pretty sure  you can run any
   DVC> program with a main() that you want from within the test harness, just
   DVC> by adding  the .java file  to functionTests/tests. I don't  think the
   DVC> harness   has   any  restrctions   on   this   main()  program   being
   DVC> multi-threaded or single-threaded.

I guess I must have misunderstood something. I thought that I had read
on this mailing list that the ordinary testing framework did not
support multithreaded tests.

Anyway, I have now transformed my program into a test.  However, when
I run it using RunTest, I get "No master file was found" even after I
copied the .out file to the master directory.  Do I have to set some
property in order for the test to find the master file?  I was not
able to find anything about this in the testing README file.

--
Øystein