db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM (Øystein Grøvlen)
Subject Re: All of derby_all fails when environment corresponding derbyLocale_**.jar exists in CLASSPATH
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 06:45:40 GMT

    DJD> I think the test suite has to have a known environment to allow it to
    DJD> run successfully on widely different machines. Examples of this known
    DJD> environment are the expected locale, character set encoding for the
    DJD> scripts etc. Ideally the test harness should set this environment itself.

Asa long as you have a test harness that is based on evaluating the
output to file from each test program, I think you are right.
However, I think it should be possible to build a locale independent
test harness in JUnit by instead evaluating the return values from API
calls (e.g., message ids instead of message strings).

--
Øystein