db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please add descriptive Jira comments when fixing bugs
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 09:22:27 GMT

On May 11, 2005, at 9:08 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> I added svn comments for 169667, 169669, 169671, 169674, and 169675,
> mostly cutting and pasting Jeff's Jira descriptions. Please critique
> and provide suggestions for how they can be improved to be more
> useful.

These look great. My only comment is that the description for 169671
reads like it could have been a code change. But, it's obvious from the
Jira entry and the svn log that it was merely a doc change.

Elsewhere, on May 11, 2005, at 10:02 PM, Jeff Levitt wrote:

> I actually have wanted to attach html output to each
> of my patch attachments.  But how can that be done?
> Maybe I'm missing something here.  It seems to me that
> you have the option in JIRA to attach one file at a
> time.  So does that mean I should attach the patch,
> then each html file separately?  Wouldn't that
> generate quite a bit of unnecessary traffic to all of
> us?  Or should we attach the patch and then send the
> output to the derby dev list separetly?  Or something
> I'm completely missing altogether?

You could either 1) post the patch and sample output together as a zip
or jar file to jira, or 2) post the patch and sample output together to
derby-dev instead of Jira. Or, 3) post both as separate attachments to
jira as you describe. I don't think anyone will mind one extra mail, as
long as its the changes are easy to review. But, if you post the patch
and sample output together in a single mail to derby-dev, then there's
only one mail to review. :-)

andrew