db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: J9 Foundation & RunSuite
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 18:43:57 GMT
On 5/26/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:

> Myrna, your changes to RunTest for WCTME 5.7 (J9) enabled me to get it
> running with J9/JSR169 but RunSuite fails with errors parsing a version
> number. The version being parsed and causing the exception in
> JavaVersionHolder is
>
> J2ME Foundation Specification v1.0
>
> What should the field values be in JavaVersionHolder to match the
> changes you made in RunTest? (ie. minor, major version)

 2 , 2.
 The thing is, the test harness uses java.version and assumes it actually
gives the version. With j9, the java.version is not a number and it does not
well reflect the current version. So, instead, we need to switch to use
java.vm.version which for j9 gives more helpful details.

 And does this mean that RunTest and RunSuite have separate mechanisms to
> determine the identity of a VM?

 Well...I never said the test harness was pretty. :-)
Yes, RunTest and RunSuite both separately try to figure out what jvm is
running. That code is duplicated. And worse, RunList and RunSuite both do
the same thing also.
 Try the attached patch. I had failed to duplicate some code in RunSuite and
had only duplicated it in RunList. Also making the check for 'foun10' rather
than 'foun' in both RunList and RunSuite.java
 Of course, it really should be changed to pass the jvmversion on, hm?
(unless serverjvm is set to run networkserver in a different jvm).
 Myrna