db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running tests with j9?
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 04:20:44 GMT
On 5/12/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>
> > On 5/12/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
>

> >>One more question, how does the test harness map from the j9 vm to the
> >>j9_13.java representation of the JVM?
>
> Any idea on this question?
In RunList & RunTest.java the harness checks the value of some java
system properties. So, if the java.vm.name is j9, it goes into
checking the minor and major version based on java.vm.version, via the
class javaVersionHolder, and it figures out that we either want j9_13
(for everything up to - which means practically just - 2.1, which
comes with wsdd5.6) or j9_22 (for java.vm.version 2.2- which comes
with wctme5.7).
For any subsequent versions we'll have to add more specifics...

> >>Onto CDC/Foundation ...
> >
> > Note that with foundation, with wsdd5.6 there is no support for
> > java.sql.* (you'll get an incompatible library error if you try) and
> > with wctme5.7 foundation you are supposed to use jdbc.jar (again,
> > database_enabler.jar will give incompatible library with jclFoun).
> > Jdbc.jar does not have (for example) java.sql.DriverManager as that
> > class is not in JSR169. So with foundation you have to run the test
> > harness with java.sql.DataSource. I've never tried that.
>
> I have though :-)

And? Details, please?