db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running an individual test area
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 19:38:14 GMT
in line...

On 5/4/05, Lance J. Andersen <Lance.Andersen@sun.com> wrote:

> The issue turned out to be that I had a typo in the jar name for
> jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar in the window i was running the tests from.
yeah - that would've been clear only from the .sum - it would show a
noClassDefFound for oro....MalformedPatternException. hm.. maybe we
need a common problems section? somewhere?

> Also appears that if you modify the master *.out file, you need to rebuild
> the derbyTesting.jar.  Perhaps this could be called out a little clearer in
> the instructions for running the tests?
Sure...do you have a suggestion for where in the derbyTesting.readme?

> Also,  I got the tests that I cared about to pass, however I see some tests
> fail with errors such as:
>
> Test savepointJdbc30 starting
>Tests common to DRDA and embedded
> Cloudscape
>Test1 - no unnamed savepoints allowed if autocommit is true
>FAIL
> -- unexpected exception:java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setSavepoint()Ljava/sql/Savepoint;
>Test
> savepointJdbc30 finished
>Any ideas what i should check in my configuration
> to address the above error?

Well, if I'd run into that error I'd ant clobber, & rebuild & then try again...