db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please add descriptive Jira comments when fixing bugs
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 03:08:02 GMT

On May 11, 2005, at 7:50 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> I know I could find the details of revision 169667 (but I can never
> remember how) but it takes time, spending the time up front in
> providing
> the descriptive comment in Jira saves time for everyone else later.

For reference, you can look up a revision that has been applied to your
svn view with: svn log -r 169667. Or, if it was not in your view, with
propget like so: svn pg --revprop -r 169667 svn:log

But if you run that last command, you get:

Applied Jeff's patches for DERBY-87, DERBY-116 and DERBY-164

More detailed explanations than this are essential, if not in both
places (Jira and svn), then please at least in one! When determining
what changes have been made, it is one thing to have to go from one
place to the other, but if they each point at each other and neither
have much (or any) information, it makes something like updating the
CHANGES file very difficult. While what happened to fix 116 is clear,
87 is less so, and 164 even less.

andrew