db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jeff Levitt (JIRA)" <derby-...@db.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-279) Tagging in DITA docs causes Derby builds to fail.
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 01:01:07 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-279?page=all ]

Jeff Levitt updated DERBY-279:
------------------------------

    Attachment: pubtags.diff

Here's a patch I made after doing a search and replace of the "pub" tag.  I also removed the
<?pub caret?> tag from any files that had that too.  The pub caret tag is simply a tag
that some authoring tools place in the DITA to mark where the cursor is so you can go to the
same place you left off each time you re-open the file.  They should not be in the files,
and they do not affect the content.  They may cause authoring tools that dont use the tag
to throw errors and warnings.  I suspect the pub tag might as well, so its a good thing to
remove them.

After removing these tags, I rebuilt the docs successfully in PDF and HTML.  Because there
are no content changes, I cannot include an HTML output file that would demonstrate any changes.
 There is no change to the output in this patch, it simply fixes a bug for building the output.

Can someone apply this patch to a new checkout of the docs on another platform (I tested mine
on Windows) and make sure everything succeeds?  

> Tagging in DITA docs causes Derby builds to fail.
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: DERBY-279
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-279
>      Project: Derby
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: Documentation
>  Environment: all
>     Reporter: Jeff Levitt
>     Assignee: Jeff Levitt
>     Priority: Minor
>  Attachments: pubtags.diff
>
> There seems to be a tag in the DITA docs at the end of most of the files (I found it
in almost 500 of them).  I think the tag was generated by the tool I had used to create the
DITA files originally during the migration to DITA.  In any case, the tag is formatted like
this: <?pub *xxxxxxxxx?>, where the x's are a string of numbers.  I know these tags
are unnecessary for our docs, but until now I didn't think they affected anything.  However,
in researching why the doc builds sometimes fail for different users and different platforms,
it occured to me that it could be because of this tag.  The build failure usually logs that
files need to "start and end with the same entity."  Well, if this pub tag is at the end of
a file, then it could be causing the problem.  Indeed, I just had a build failure, then removed
the pub tag, and the build succeeded.  So I would like to remove these arbitrary tags from
all of the doc files.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message