db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Planning for a 10.1 release
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 22:47:07 GMT
On 5/24/05, Shreyas Kaushik <Shreyas.Kaushik@sun.com> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
> >Hello derby-dev,
> >
> >Now that there have been some significant new contributions to Derby
> >since 10.0.2.1 was released, I think we should begin planning for a
> >10.1 release. As promised earlier, I'll volunteer to be release
> >manager. So, here goes:
> >
> >1) Are there any new features or significant bugfixes near completion
> >that should be in the 10.1 release? Dan mentioned that he would like
> >to have his JSR-169 work included, Tomohito's fix for Derby-167 looks
> >nearly complete, and David V.C. has a couple of items that look like
> >they might be done soon. Any estimates on when these will be
> >completed? Anything else not mentioned here?
> >

> Derby-31. This would be a good one to have for this release.
>
> ~ Shreyas

I'm thinking that in the interests of getting an official release out
with the Derby client, I'd like to aim for a release in about two
weeks or so.

Derby-31 is currently assigned to Oyvind Bakksjo. Are you assisting
him with this issue? Do you have an estimate when the work for this
might be complete?

Is anyone else working on features or JIRA bugs that they feel should
be in this release?

- Mamta's updatable result sets for Network Server changes have been
checked in, as have Lance's script changes.

- Jeremy, in what timeframe do you think you will have a working
prototype for the Datasource API changes? If you need help running
tests against the prototype, please email me, I can help out with
that. But, it's not clear to me that this is something that must be in
the 10.1 release. Is this something that could be deferred to a 10.2
(or even a 10.1.x) release? It's not unusual to manage API changes at
release boundaries, so I don't think that having to support the
current Datasource API going into the future is necessarily a reason
to hold up this release.

- Scanning through the list, I noticed Army mentioned basic XML
support. Army, any estimate on when this might be contributed? Or is
this for a future release?

Many people are also assigned JIRA issues. So, if you currently have a
JIRA issue assigned to you that you feel is a showstopper for a 10.1
release, please speak up!

andrew