db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Planning for a 10.1 release
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 02:17:10 GMT
Hello derby-dev,

Now that there have been some significant new contributions to Derby
since 10.0.2.1 was released, I think we should begin planning for a
10.1 release. As promised earlier, I'll volunteer to be release
manager. So, here goes:

1) Are there any new features or significant bugfixes near completion
that should be in the 10.1 release? Dan mentioned that he would like
to have his JSR-169 work included, Tomohito's fix for Derby-167 looks
nearly complete, and David V.C. has a couple of items that look like
they might be done soon. Any estimates on when these will be
completed? Anything else not mentioned here?

2) Are there any currently opened JIRA entries that should be
considered showstoppers for this release? Any upgrade issues
definitely need to be sorted out and tested, maybe we should have a
JIRA for this. Documentation of new features should be finalized. I
think there may already be a JIRA entry for this.

3) Which bugs would be nice-to-have in this release but are not
showstoppers? I personally would like to see the patch for Derby-1
committed.

4) Are there any issues surrounding the client that should be
addressed before it is released? This deserves its own thread, and
there's already one started here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200505.mbox/%3c42784236.70504@apache.org%3e

That thread got quiet, but I'll respond to that mail to keep the
discussion going.

5) Are there any changes to the packaging that people would like to
see for this release?

Feel free to add to this list and I'll keep track of all the responses.

andrew