db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Proposal to move 10.0 doc files from derby/site to derby/docs
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 05:59:25 GMT
Just a couple of comments...

> a) Since the original files will no longer be integrated with the
> current web site, users won't see "Home" and "Community" tabs on each
> page; instead, they'll see a tab that takes them to the main derby site.

Looks good, better than my hack job with the doc set that went out
with the 10.0.2.1 release. :-)

> 2) What are the actual steps to implement this change?
>
> a) Initialize a new forrest site under
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/docs/trunk/10.0

This should be svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/docs/branches/10.0
to keep it separate from the DITA source.

> b) svn move the subdirectories from
> derby/site/trunk/src/documentation/content/xdocs/manuals to
> derby/docs/trunk/10.0/src/documentation/content/xdocs/manuals

As above, into docs/branches instead of docs/trunk.

> d) Create symbolic links on minotaur.apache.org between the old location
> and the new so URLs in old email and Jira entries will still work.

I'm curious if these links will be properly synced over to
www.apache.org. I'm guessing that they will, as long as rsync's link
options are turned on for the sync, but we'll see.

andrew