db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Packaging
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 14:53:35 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Currently we have:
> * derby.jar (embedded, engine)
> * derbynet.jar (network server)
> * derbyclient.jar (network client)
>
> I would like to add derbyserver.jar which includes everything from all
> of these to form a complete standalone server; the client is included
> so that people don't need to switch classpath if they want to use a
> remote server and so that stored procedures can access remote servers.
>
> If we do this was can also potentially drop derbynet.jar as it is not
> usable without derby.jar.
>
> Any objections?
> -

This looks good to me at first glance.   derbynet.jar needs to stick
around for a bit anyway as it is the only thing documented and we would
need to deprecate it properly.

Does this mean ,,,
  * The unified datasource is just available if you use derbyserver.
  *  The other datasources stick  around for the long term.

?

Kathey