db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Running derbyall before submitting patches
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 18:01:51 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:

>  I think we need to have at least *one* person run derbyall besides
> the submitter of the patch. This does not necessarily have to be a
> committer.
>
> I'm not sure how this could be managed; perhaps each developer could
> "buddy up" with someone, and each of them agree to test out each
> other's patches...

There is also a great opportunity for lurkers, students, and others who
are interested in Derby but not making changes,  to add great value and
learn by  applying, reviewing, and testing out patches.

> We should probably write up a "checkin checklist", vote on it, and add
> it to the web site...

Sounds good too.

We have so many patches in different states,  I am losing track and am
admittedly behind. I was wondering if  someone might  be willing to
compile a list of the patches from this week that are waiting for
committer attention  and list

developer
component
summary
tests run
reviewers/testers

for each patch.  Priority attention goes to the patch with the
reviews/testers not blank and of course to the person that makes the
list #:)

Thanks

Kathey