db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: J9 Foundation & RunSuite
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 23:36:08 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> The worst trouble in passing on properties is often between RunSuite and
> RunList...
> Which properties aren't being passed on, the bootclasspath? There's the
> -Dbootcp= flag that I hacked in specifically to enable the harness to
> pass on this special j9 jvmflag that do not fall in the -Xmx### format
> (so does not work with the jvmflags properties)...Or are the dataSource
> properties not getting passed on?

No, it's the properties I use to set the tests to obtain connections via
a DataSource through ij.

If I run RunTest directly with -Dij.dataSource=<dsclass> and other
ij.dataSource properties then everything is ok. RunTest sees these and
removes ij.database and ij.protocol from <test>_app property files.

But if I run RunSuite with the same -D flags, those properties are not
passed onto RunTest by RunSuite (RunList).

Dan.