db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: J9 Foundation & RunSuite
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 19:17:14 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> Try the attached patch. I had failed to duplicate some code in RunSuite
> and had only duplicated it in RunList. Also making the check for
> 'foun10' rather than 'foun' in both RunList and RunSuite.java

Thanks that moves me further, now tests that pass when run with RunTest
directly, fail when run in a suite. I think it's due to the way
properties are (not) being passed.

Can you confirm something for me?

When using RunTest directly another JVM is usually spawned to run the
actual test. Ie.

java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest <test>
   spawns another JVM to run the <test>

>From the verbose output of RunSuite, it seems RunSuite spawns a JVM to
run RunTest which will then spawn a JVM to run the actual test, ie.

java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite <suite>
 spawns for each <test> in <suite>
   java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest <test>
        spawns another JVM to run the <test>

Is this correct for RunSuite? I'd just assumed that RunSuite called
RunTest directly as Java code.

Thanks,
Dan.