db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Running derbyall before submitting patches
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 19:08:28 GMT
me too.  I run derbyALL for any thing I submit myself, but as
satheesh has said lately I have not been able to run derbyAll for
all the patches I have been committing for others.  I do a full
rebuild, review the change and
run tests that look specific to the patch, and count on the submitter
to have run all tests.  Also please check the results posted to
the list the day after your patch goes in, to see if you may have
introduced a problem in a different environment.

Remember that there are now a lot of developers out there depending
on clean test runs, so they can figure out what affect their changes
are having.