db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning for a 10.1 release
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 02:34:25 GMT
David's the Geronimo guru on XA.

My understanding is that it is legal for a coordinator to delist a
resource before the end of a transaction and return it to the pool; it
could then be used by another thread (potentially in another
transaction) or just closed.

However, there are many resource managers out there that do not support
this so most app servers (OK, at least Geronimo and from what you say
WebSphere) have a mechanism for associating the physical connection with
the transaction until it is over.

I haven't looked at the bug but we should clearly document how Derby
behaves, especially if client and embedded behaviour are different.

--
Jeremy