db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Known problem with rsgetXXXcolumnNames?
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 20:45:35 GMT
I just ran derbyall off a clean build of the trunk, and
jdbcapi/rsgetXXXcolumnNames failed when running with DerbyNet.  It
passes fine with embedded and with DerbyNetClient.

I get an error:

FAIL -- unexpected exception
SQLSTATE(42X01): Syntax error: Encountered "(" at line 1, column 26.
com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: Syntax error: Encountered "(" at line 1,
column 26.

looking at derby.log, I see that the following statement is causing the
problem (I put a "^" where the syntax error occurs)

UPDATE APP.CASEISCOL SET (COL1,col1) = (?,?) WHERE CURRENT OF SQL_CURSH200C1
                          ^

Is this a known problem?  Otherwise I can log a bug.

Thanks,

David