db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning for a 10.1 release
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 21:54:34 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
> Actually 'retrieveMessageText' property would only apply to Derby
> client. So is '*securityMechanism*' and tracing properties. Embedded
> driver doesn't have the tracing mechanism that is part of Derby client.

I think retrieveMessageText and trace apply to both.

The user should have the choice over whether the text is returned in an
exception or not  irrespective of how they connect.

Trace is a feature that works differently.

> I would like to see a complete proposal that passes all tests as soon as
> possible. I am worried the devil may be in the details ... :-)

Working on it :-)
I have the unified Driver working and have unit tests for it. I will try
to commit later tonight when I can get that computer connected to the
network.

This is all in a separate branch - I would appreciate some help getting
the test suite to run with it.

--
Jeremy