db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg - Sun Norway <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Regression testing
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 07:55:44 GMT
Myrna,

Sun, 22 May 2005 17:54:31 -0700 (PDT) Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Ole,
>
> The more I think about this, the more I wonder if I can make anything
> as nice as what you've done in a reasonable time frame. Lots of kudos!
>
> Would it be possible for you to share/contribute your program for
> gathering information?

It is just a set of simple shell scripts; I will go thru it and
generalize any site specific stuff, then I'll send it to you for a try?
If it works ok at your site we could publish it for others interested.

> If not, I'll just forge ahead with our stuff, but it's going to be much simpler.
>
> Also, I have to add that our testing is more on a variety of jvms and
> insane and sane jars than a variety of operating systems (for
> Cloudscape, we did those OS tests as part of the QA cycle for a
> release, not nightly).

I think that is where we also are heading.
I assume that the differences that we're seeing on different platforms
now might simply be because I haven't got the environment (like locale
stuff) set up correctly everywhere.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway