db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: regarding semantics of select in Autocommit mode .. ( and derby 265)
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 03:42:39 GMT
Sunitha Kambhampati wrote:

> -- All this makes me think that the program is incorrect.  But I
> guess  we should be throwing  a  better user error instead of an
> npe/assert.

Hi Sunitha

Yes, the issue from the store perspective, is that   an NPE is being
thrown instead of a proper error message.
I thought there was a network server part to this too, but I will have
to read your mail and review the case more carefully to
say.  Are you saying, in short, that with the exception of the NPE on
the error, it looks llike there is no other bug?  I do recall when the
case came in that I told the user  to set autocommit off and they were
able to go along their happy way #:).

Kathey