db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning for a 10.1 release
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 13:12:40 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Jeremy could you comment on the changes that you made to
> ClientDataSource?  Is there follow up work that you still need to do
> there for the release?
>
> r168355 | jboynes | 2005-05-05 10:00:08 -0700 (Thu, 05 May 2005) | 1 line
>
> move all generic implementation into ClientBaseDataSource

Moved generic properties (e.g. description) into the base class in
anticipation of refactoring the class hierarchy so that the Pooled and
XA implementations did not need to subclass the regualar DataSource

> r168336 | jboynes | 2005-05-05 07:35:57 -0700 (Thu, 05 May 2005) | 1 line
>
> code cleanup on client DataSource impls

Cosmetic followup from the code reformat (e.g. replacing fully qualified
class names with imports)

I would like to get to resolution on the unified DataSource issue before
we release. If we go that way then these changes will be irrelevant
because of the unified API; if we don't then I would like to follow
through with the Pooled/XA changes.

--
Jeremy