db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance J. Andersen" <Lance.Ander...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Planning for a 10.1 release
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 19:33:36 GMT

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Lance J. Andersen wrote:
>

>>I have had a report internally where we have 2 unit tests fail with the
>>DerbyNetwork client driver that did not fail with the DB2 type 4 driver
>>with Derby.
>>
>>We have not had a chance to look into this yet in detail yet.   If we
>>can package up the failure, are there any volunteers on the IBM side who
>>have access to the DB2  jdbc driver code to see why there might be a
>>difference in behavior?
>>

>I think the issue should be addressed in terms of the Derby client only
>and not any IBM code.

I agree.  I guess what i was trying to say is that I assume that the
bulk of the new client driver is a stripped down version of the IBM  DB2
driver so that if you could run the test side by side using both drivers
and are able to compare the source,  it might be easier to figure out
where the disconnect is based on the port of the code.

If that is not possible, there is always the old fashioned way ;-)

>Let's see what the issue is once you have a reproducible case.

I am waiting on this from the QA team as it is part of  a pretty big
test harness.  Once I have this, i will enter a jira.