db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject How to coordinate research on client/embedded differences
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 00:30:15 GMT
I wanted to file a Jira issue to research and document client/embedded
differences.

This discovery task could be a largely distributed effort including

    o Investigating  the occurrences of TestUtil.isNetFramework() in the
tests
    o Evaluating current master diffs.
    o Doing a derbyall run in DerbyNetClient framework and doing analysis.
    o Adding more tests to the derbynetclientmats suite.
    o Code inspection of things like the DatabaseMetaData.

I am not sure how best to coordinate the effort.  Should I just file the
one Jira entry and  then as people pick up parts of it , they create a
subtask?  As differences are found, how would they best be recorded?
Does anyone have any   ideas on how to coordinate this?   Are there any
volunteers that would like to participate in a small or large way?

Thanks

Kathey