db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: running tests with j9?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 21:40:16 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> Is it possible JAVA_HOME is pointing to another jvm?
> It would be one situation where you'd get the error you mention.

Yep that was the problem, unsetting JAVA_HOME in my script fixed the
problem.

> And then it is required to add the bootclasspath to the location of
> the java.sql classes (e.g. database_enabler.jar), which is an
> additional package, or you'll get java.sql.SQLException not found. If
> you either specify the other main jvm libraries (classes.zip,
> charconv.zip) in the bootclasspath, or specify the java.sql jar/dir
> explicitly in combination with -jcl:max it will work better.
>
> So: j9 -jcl:max
> -Xbootclasspath/p:c:/wsdd5.6/ive/lib/database_enabler.jar
> -Dbootcp=c:/wsdd5.6/ive/lib/database_enabler.jar
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest ...

The above worked for me, but in my wsdd5.6 distribution
database_enabler.jar was under ive/lib/jclMax.

In WCTME 5.7, however it is under ive/lib

One more question, how does the test harness map from the j9 vm to the
j9_13.java representation of the JVM?

Onto CDC/Foundation ...

Thanks,
Dan.