db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Please add descriptive Jira comments when fixing bugs
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 15:20:27 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> You could either 1) post the patch and sample output together as a zip
> or jar file to jira, or 2) post the patch and sample output together to
> derby-dev instead of Jira. Or, 3) post both as separate attachments to
> jira as you describe. I don't think anyone will mind one extra mail, as
> long as its the changes are easy to review. But, if you post the patch
> and sample output together in a single mail to derby-dev, then there's
> only one mail to review. :-)

I prefer 1 or 3 for the following reasons:

- It keeps the patch tightly coupled to the Jira issue
- If the patch isn't quite right, a new one can be uploaded and the old
one removed. One problem with posting patches to derby-dev is it can be
difficult to know if you've seen all the patches for a thread and have
the "right" one.

  -jean