db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Please add descriptive Jira comments when fixing bugs
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 02:50:31 GMT

Jean, thanks for marking all the doc bugs as fixed but I would strongly
encourage you and anyone else to provide a descriptive comment when
marking a bug as fixed. I believe a well maintained bug tracking system
with complete data is essential for a quality project.

For several of the bugs that you closed today I can't tell from the Jira
entry if the issue was fixed by changing the functionality or just the
documentation to match the existing functionality.

A comment such as 'Patch committed revision 169667.' (Derby-164) doesn't
tell me immediately what was done. I try to include the svn commit
comment in any bug I mark as fixed.

I know I could find the details of revision 169667 (but I can never
remember how) but it takes time, spending the time up front in providing
the descriptive comment in Jira saves time for everyone else later.

Thanks,
Dan.