db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Regression testing
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 17:51:04 GMT
Hi, Andrew.   I see your point about increasing traffic on the list, but
it's just one email a day, that really isn't going to inrease the noise
much.

Where I used to work, we got an email when the build or tests *failed*.
   This was very useful, as it created an automatic impetus for all of
us to be more careful, because everyone knows when you messed up :)  If
our tools could support that, that would be fine with me.

Regarding the tinderbox, I'll talk around here to see what we can dig
up; making the results available could be accomplished by posting the
results to a public web site.  I think we should be able to work this
out, it seems worth it if it increases the quality of the product.

David