db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: TRUNCATE TABLE availability
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 17:48:49 GMT
The following is sort of ugly, but will work with the current derby
release, and the current trunk release.
Look at the using the import system procedure with the replace option
set to true and the source import being empty.  I believe this will
run faster than delete, even better would be if your application had
a set of real rows to load when you want to truncate and use the table
again.

Here is a link to 10.0 documentation for the system procedure:
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj120.html#HDRIMPORTPROC

I am not sure where truncate table is, I believe the issue is SQL standards.