db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [ PATCH ] Master update for parameterMapping test with JCC
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 19:55:41 GMT

There are a couple of small differences in the "getString()" behavior for JCC
2.6 verses earlier versions, and those differences are causing false failures
for the jdbcapi/parameterMapping.java test.

The attached patch adds a new master file that is specific to JCC 2.6, so that
the parameterMapping test will pass both against 2.6 (using the new master file)
and against earlier versions (using the old master file).

The patch adds a new subdirectory, "ver2.6", to the master directory for
DerbyNet (which is where the JCC masters are kept), and then the new master is
added to that subdirectory.  The Derby test harness is already written to
recognize this kind of version-specific directory structure (see
harness/FileCompare.java), and thus it should pick up the new master without any
other changes.

svn stat:
A java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\master\DerbyNet\ver2.6
java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\master\DerbyNet\ver2.6\parameterMapping.out

*** NOTE: As far as I know, anyone trying to apply this patch will have to
manually create (and "svn add") the "ver2.6" directory first--the patch utility
(at least, the one I'm using) isn't smart enough to create the directory on its
own...

Could a committer please commit?

Thanks,
Army