db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Is it time to delete web site links to the original manuals?
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 20:11:35 GMT
Jeff Levitt wrote:
> --- "Jean T. Anderson" <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>>Jeff will have to say for sure, but I believe most
>>of the doc fixes have
>>been 10.0 and it might be reasonable to separate out
>>the 10.1 changes to
>>produce a 10.0 release.
>>  -jean
> Well, is there a way to remove specific patches?  I
> suppose we could spot-remove patches related to 10.1
> docs and have 10.0 left over.

the more I think about this, the only right thing is to version the dita
doc source tree like the code is.

I'll back out the change that I did last night.

However, I'm going to modify the navigation information slightly. As you
noted earlier, it was like this:

-Original manuals

and I'd like to change it to this:

-10.0 Manuals
-10.1 Alpha Manuals
   + DITA source
   + Getting Started
   + etc.

I should remove the admonition the previous index page had to not log
issues against the original docs (the 10.0 Manuals). However, I will
note that before logging an issue, it would be wise to first to check if
it has been fixed in the 10.1 docs.

sounds good?

View raw message