db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Is it time to delete web site links to the original manuals?
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 17:24:44 GMT
Or maybe let that "previous versions" link take the user to a completely
separate archive page that has a big note in bold saying that issues
should not be filed against this documentation.

Keeping previous versions outside the forrest build path would have the
advantage of not bogging down forrest builds.

Now, it has to be pointed out that 10.0 is not a previous version. :-)

It's probably too late to separate out 10.1 from 10.0 in the dita
source, but moving forward we should version the dita doc source like
the derby code does.

In the meantime a simple measure that would make it clear that the dita
docs contain 10.1 features would be to change the doc path from
derby/docs to derby/docs/10.1, for example, this:

    http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/getstart

to this:

    http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/getstart

  -jean