db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: ClientDataSource's implementation of Referenceable
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 12:17:20 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I would like to replace this with storing all the properties in a
> single RefAddr. This would ultimately allow us to store multiple
> addresses in the Reference which the object factory could use to
> create the actual DataSource instance.

Thanks for the explanation Jeremy.  Could you call out how this would
converge or diverge from embedded behaviour from the user perspective?

In general this is the question that I'd probably be looking for answers
for with respect to client changes.  Ideally,  I'd love to see switching
from Embedded to Client be as simple as  changing your DataSource.

In general, if you can call out how your proposed changes to client
would  converge or diverge from embedded behaviour,
we can probably move things through a lot faster without the need for a
major education effort.

Thanks

Kathey