db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Pooled connections are closed?
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 23:19:48 GMT
Well, more information on this.  It appears if I call getConnection()
twice on the *same* XAConnection or PooledConnection(), the first
connection is closed as soon as I get the second connection.  I am not
sure if this is a bug.

If I get two seaprate XAConnections and call getConnection() on each one
separately, this works.

I am not sure if this is a bug.  If you think about it actually makes
sense -- a single XAConnection or PooledConnection is supposed to be a
proxy for a single physical connection.  So this is a feature -- it
won't let you have two separate references to the same physical
connection underlying an XAConnection or PooledConnection.

That said, I'm not sure if it's the same thing you are seeing...

David