db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DataSource class hierarchy in client
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 18:13:00 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I am going to go through the client code and switch the usages to the
> base class (which declares the methods being used) and then change the
> hierarchy here as proposed.

Hi Jeremy,

I would vote -1 on the restructuring on the basis that I think that we
should slow down here.     We have people active in this project from
around the world who deserve the opportunity to contribute their
thoughts and I  still see active discussion around this issue.     I
personally have concerns about embedded/client compatibility and in
general would like to know what your thoughts are on embedded/client
compatibility in your restructuring of the client.

I know that this time offers us a unique opportunity to change the
behaviour of client, but I want to establish that the goals in doing so
are to make it more compatible with the embedded driver.  I think that
is very important.

Kathey