db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: DERBY-167 has done but ...
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 17:04:12 GMT
<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Great job getting this done. This is indeed a very useful Enhancement
to Derby.<br>
Looking briefly at the attached patch, some comments:<br>
<ol>
according to SQL standard.</li>
  <li>One of the main uses of this new clause is for importing data
into IDENTITY columns. I would like to see some tests that import data
into tables created with the new identity option. Import code actually
uses bulkInsert option, so it would be good to test this code path too.
I can help, if needed, on these tests. Before commiting the patch, it
would be good to add more tests in general.</li>
  <li>I couldn't fully apply the patch. Had issues with two files,
ResultColumnList and ColumnDescriptor. I think these files might have
been updated since you started working on the patch. It would be good
if you can merge up to the latest version.<br>
  </li>
</ol>
Again, great to see the patch.<br>
Satheesh<br>
TomohitoNakayama wrote:
I think coding for solution-1 of DERBY-167 has done.
I attach patch file to this mail for others to confirm it.
Relating test , autoincrement and columnDefaults , was passed.
However, In derbyall test , I found many errors which seems not caused
by my modification.
Errors seems to be devided three kind ...
1:Error of parameterMapping. I don't know what is parameter Mapping
mean,
but file names told so.
2:Error of i18n. It seems that English message was generated though
test assume Spanish.
3:Error of derbynetclientmats.
I uploaded $TEST_DIR/derbyall_fail.txt and $TEST_DIR/derbyall_diff.txt
to my web directory,
because size was too large.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~tomohito/20050505/derbyall_fail.txt">http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~tomohito/20050505/derbyall_fail.txt</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~tomohito/20050505/derbyall_diff.txt">http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~tomohito/20050505/derbyall_diff.txt</a>
Something is going on ...?
Best regards.
/*
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tomohito Nakayama
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp">tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp</a>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp">tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp</a>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Naka
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~tomohito/TopPage.html">http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~tomohito/TopPage.html</a>
*/
  <pre wrap="">
<hr size="4" width="90%">