db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DataSource class hierarchy in client
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 15:45:24 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
> I suspect the class hierarchy has been made this way partly to match
> Embedded driver. I am still thinking why the Embedded driver does this..

I don't know if it is relevant but most of the implementation in the
client code uses ClientDataSource instances rather than the base class -
in fact, the base class itself is never really used at all. I have a
feeling there is some legacy leftover here.

I am going to go through the client code and switch the usages to the
base class (which declares the methods being used) and then change the
hierarchy here as proposed.

--
Jeremy