db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance J. Andersen" <Lance.Ander...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running an individual test area
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 18:15:24 GMT
Hi Mryna,

Nope, I was running J2SE 1.4 according to the *.sum file.  The skip file
was also empty.

The issue turned out to be that I had a typo in the jar name for
jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar in the window i was running the tests from.

Also appears that if you modify the master *.out file, you need to
rebuild the derbyTesting.jar.  Perhaps this could be called out a little
clearer in the instructions for running the tests?

Also,  I got the tests that I cared about to pass, however I see some
tests fail with errors such as:

Test savepointJdbc30 starting
Tests common to DRDA and embedded Cloudscape
Test1 - no unnamed savepoints allowed if autocommit is true
FAIL -- unexpected exception:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setSavepoint()Ljava/sql/Savepoint;
Test savepointJdbc30 finished

Any ideas what i should check in my configuration to address the above error?