db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] format of docs submitted to derby
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 17:59:14 GMT
scott hutinger wrote:

> Also, an important license issue; is OpenOffice compatible with
> Apache?   Can we stick content created by OOo into svn?  This was a
> current Forrest thread.

Ross' original question (see the post below) was if the Open Office API
libs could be used under the Sun Industry Standards Source License
(SISSL). And the answer was "no", they cannot be checked into SVN, so
that plugin will have to be hosted outside Apache.

However, I assume that a document produced by Open Office *can* be
checked into SVN (ie. as part of a web site).  After all, results of a
gcc compile can be checked in and gcc is under the GPL license.

Does anybody see a problem with my assumption?

  -jean