db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Schedule for beta and release of 10.1
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 08:01:20 GMT
One month seems like a good amount time to figure out some of these, at
least just to formulate a plan. I am eager to see Derby client get
rigorous testing that precedes a full release and to get it to derby
users. I am concerned about potential resource leakage, platform
specific, multi-threading issues that may or may not be present. These
issues are typically found and addressed during a full release process.
I also think current dependence on JCC client driver in 10.0 hinders
wider adaptability of Derby.

You do raise some touch questions. :-)     Like you suggested, we can
work on getting a plan in place for these soon.

Satheesh