db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Schedule for beta and release of 10.1
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 03:32:06 GMT
Suresh Thalamati wrote:

> Now that derby client code is checked in , I am wondering what are the
> plans for the next  release ?
> I am kind of  done with  coding the fix for  handling out-of order
> transaction log writes(derby-96),
> have some more testing to do. but I  should be able to complete it by
> end of this month.  The reason
> I am curious  about the release schedule is  if  the release is  in a
> month or so  , I would prefer
> to focus on fixing some bugs  instead of  start working on a new  line
> item.

I think aiming for a release in a month or so would be good.

However, I do not want to rush out the first version of the client as
that will suddenly give us a legacy codebase. We have only just seen
this code and there are a couple of areas that we should consider:

* which JREs will it run on
* do we need JSR-169 support
* what are the plans for SSL transport, including client auth
* what do we do with Referenceable
* what are our plans for connector support
* do we have the right properties
* do we change the commmand line processing for NetworkServer

and probably a few more things as well. We don't need to resolve all of
these but at least figure out what the plan is.

--
Jeremy