db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject ClientDataSource's implementation of Referenceable
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 21:59:35 GMT
I was intrigued by the implementation of Referenceable in the client
DataSource impl - it uses the address entries in the reference to store
the properties of the connection.

I may be misunderstanding this but I thought address fields in a
Reference were used to store multiple potential locations for that
reference not properties of an individual one.

I would suggest instead that we use one StringRefAddr to store the
address with the value being a URL with suitable parameters set (i.e. as
used by the Driver).

Ultimately, this will allow us to have references that point to multiple
addresses (e.g. in a federated server)

--
Jeremy