db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Reformat client code?
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:21:49 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I used IntelliJ IDEA with the attached layout template (which is a bit
> heavier than I usually use but I wanted to coerce some of the changes).
>
> Sorry if this messes up your patch - if you want to send it over I
> will do the work of rolling it in.

Hey, thanks I think I will take you up on that. It was the patch I sent
to the list last week for DERBY-250.
Dan said he didn't have any additional issues with it, so I think it is
ready to go in.

I  better get my paintbrush fixed up so my patches match our new shed.
I am not sure though if I get the  complete story of indentation format
etc by reading this file.  I could look at the code and try to figure it
out but would feel better if you could just tell us what this means in
terms of indentation space/vs tabs etc, so everyone knows how to set up
their editor for client coding.  The sad thing is that it looks quite
different than the server conventions which use tabs instead of spaces
so I guess I need two modes still  #:(

Kathey