db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [doc] Derby web site doc formats
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:01:48 GMT
An off topic thread is included down below and the most recent post
brings up the issue of doc formats for the web site.

I think the derby web site should support a bunch of file formats. Some
suggestions are here, but the list isn't complete:

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html#How+to+Contribute+Papers

What are other formats are easy for folks to work with and should be
promoted?

How about tips for making a doc easily integrated with the forrest site?
For example, I've noticed that the following html things foil forrest's
attempt to generate a doc with site navigation:

  1) Inclusion of a table of contents because forrest itself wants to
generate the table of contents.
  2) If the first section doesn't start with an <h1>....</h1> heading,
you'll get a blank page.
  3) I've never gotten forrest to generate a coherent page from an MS
word-generated html file.

Whenever I've encountered a problem, I have simply included the file as
raw html (without the forrest navigation). But if there's a way to
integrate them better, I'm open to suggestion -- and open especially to
the assistance of volunteers to get them well integrated!

  -jean