db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <s-hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] accept derby client contribution
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 20:10:58 GMT
I agree with Susan and Jean,

One should be able to send docs in html or xml if they want.  I don't
think a lot of people want to mess with xml.  The other option, is using
OpenOffice, and letting forrest convert the OpenOffice document,
although I think if many options are used, some of the doc may be a bit
modified from original.  Of course, a lot of other formats exist.

Possibly the docs should be updated on how to send in documents.  I
don't think a lot of people want to mess with the XML stuff, and the
import thing is the content, not the type of document.  Some people just
don't have time to figure out the xml syntax forrest uses.

Possibly a list of preferred formats should be created.  I don't think
it's a good idea to force one document style on people.

scott